Saturday, September 1, 2007

MOPS

Not that I'm a member of MOPS (Mothers of preschoolers), I became MOPS.. haha.



Caleb starts his preschool (Heritage United Methodist Church PreSchool)on Sept 4th. We took Caleb to his class to meet his teacher and new friends the other day. He was very excited and seemed taking it really well. He will be in school 9:00 -12:00 Monday through Thursday.

Here is September Curriculum Outline

September Verse: "I praise you because I am wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14
Theme: I Am Special
Challenge: To teach the children that God made them, gave them a special family, and has a wonderful plan for their lives.
Unit Study: All About Me, Me and My Body, My Family & Home
Special Events: Open House, Meet My Teacher Day, Visit by a Nurse/Doctor/Dentist
Color: Yellow
Numeracy: Counting Objects, Counting by Rote, Sorting, Shapes, Sizes, Number Recognition, Comparing Sizes, Patterns, Estimating, Classifying, Graphing
Literacy: Recognition of own names, environmental print, recognition of upper and lower case letters, writing upper case letters, phonics, rhyming words, opposites, story writing
Shape: Square

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hyun Joo the boys are so cute and I can't believe Caleb is already in PreK!! His schedule and curriculum look really good. Let us know how it goes on his first day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed