Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Friends...

One evening, we were walking around the neighborhood after dinner and met this very nice family - Laurence and Cecile and the 6 years old boy Alexandra.   Laurence is from Scotland, Cecile is from France, Alexandra goes to French school here in Dubai.   They invited us to their home and the boys played together for couple of hours:) that evening.   So, we made our first friends here! Finally!
The boys and Alexandra have been playing at the playground since, and I got to learned some French from Cecile! lol.

Speaking of kids, it is really strange to see all the kids at the playground are with maid/nanny ...I haven't seen many Moms with the kids since I got here.   Maid/nanny seem almost a necessity here in UAE even with staying home Moms - They clean, cook, take care of kids, handling the multi tasks and only get paid little bit over 1,000-1,500 Dirhams/month (about $300-500)plus a month vacation with ticket to home every year.

I'm not against having full time maid/nanny or anything ...it is just kinda weird to see the kids with maid/nanny all the time without their Moms!

Bottom line, playground is not a good place to meet new friends(moms) not like in Korea or America..

1 comment:

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

That is awesome you are meeting people. That is wierd the whole nanny thing... LOL! The rich people... LOL! I would be happy for them to keep my house and cook though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed